Sunday, January 15, 2017

Individual Worth #1 - I am of a great worth!!!!

In December 2016 I studied the scriptures to complete Individual Worth #1 and got a reminder of how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me. It is always fantastic to remember this glorious truth! :)

As I read those scriptures, this is where the insights I got about the fact that Heavenly Father knows and loves me, and that he is mindful of me: 


(Please, if you are working on your Personal Progress, I would suggest you to read these scriptures BEFORE you read my insights so that you can receive your own. If you still read this, use it only to help you look for how I got to those conclusions and to find your own conclusions according to your own situations. I'm a 30 years old woman... I might not see things as YW do, so don't let my thought influence what you can learn by yourself, trough the Spirit. Heavenly Father has some personal insights specially for you! 😏)

Psalms 8:4-6 He have created me with the potential to become like Him. I'm not only a random spirit without purpose in life. I am a being with the possibility inside me to be like my Father. The wonderful thing is that he has not only given me that potential, but also he has given me the tools to achieve it and to ask Him help. It says that he would "visit" us! The footnotes shows other scriptures where prophets needed the advice and help of the Lord, and he visited them. Because I am important to Him and that He wants me to return with Him, He offers me His help to accomplish His plan for me.


Jeremiah 1:5 He knew me and prepared me even before I came to this earth! He sanctified me for that! I can do so much!!! 


John 13-14 I love this because it shows why it is important to love others: because God loves us! He loves each one of us, His children, and He wants us to learn that same kind of love. When we mistreat others, we are showing disrespect for God's dearest children. He loves my brothers and sisters and he wants me to love them too. In the same way, He loves me so much that he asks others to love me and respect me, because I am one of His greatest creations! 


D & C 18:10 No more words needed. I am of an infinite worth! At his sight we are great! What else matters?

Abraham 3:22-23 
I have a great potential. i was prepared before this life. I might have been among the great and noble. He know that there is good inside me. I can do much more than what I believe!

Joseph Smith History 1:1-20
In verse 6 we can see that when we don't love others, we can't truly love God. The priests from other denominations would contend with each other to prove that their religion was the right one. That's why Joseph Smith was so confused. How could people pretend they love God but act that way with others?

On verse 15-16 I can see that Satan also knows our worth and all we can accomplish, so he will try to make us doubt and will try to make us fail in our quest to discover who we are and what we can accomplish. But God loves us so much that He will come to deliver us from the Enemy, and give us instructions on what we must do. This is shown again on vers 20, where Joseph realized that the adversary was aware of his great mission.

Do you feel too much adversity in your desire to do the Lord's will? Satan knows our worth and he wants to impede us from doing what we have the potential to do! But God will deliver us at the right moment, because He knows us, He loves us, and He is aware of our situations and of the things we can accomplish



No comments:

Post a Comment